If you are planning a bridal shower or other event and need recipe ideas, look no further. Stacia Adams and friends recently hosted a bridal shower at her home in Adamsbrooke honoring Whitney Harris, bride-elect of Tanner Smith. Stacia is known for creating a relaxed atmosphere, while serving delicious food surrounded by creative decor. The hostesses served some of their tried and true dishes, but also purchased cake balls from pattiCakes, as well as other treats from local businesses. Friends and family of the couple gathered for an afternoon of fun, food, and celebration. Stacia graciously shared some of the featured recipes with Women’s Inc.
• 3 cups sugar
• 3 tablespoons almond extract
• 1 cup Real lemon juice
• 3 quarts water
• 1 46-oz. can pineapple juice
1. Mix all ingredients and freeze overnight.
2. Remove from freezer 1 – 2 hours before serving. Serve slushy.
3. When read to serve, add 1 liter of ginger ale and 1 liter of Sprite.
• 1 can pinto beans
• 1 can black-eyed peas
• 1 can white shoepeg corn
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 green bell pepper, chopped
• 3 – 4 green onions, chopped
• 2 fresh avocados, chopped
• Cilantro, optional
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup vinegar
• 1/3 cup sugar
1. Combine first 8 ingredients.
2. Heat olive oil, vinegar and sugar at medium-high heat until sugar is fully dissolved.
3. Pour mixture over combined
ingredients and refrigerate.
Pimento Cheese Bacon Mini-cheeseball Bites
For the Pimento Cheese:
• 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
• 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
• 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
• Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Mini-cheeseball Bites:
• 18 ounces bacon, cooked until crisp and finely diced (about 1 1/2 cups diced)
• 1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted and finely chopped
• 1 to 2 jalapeños, minced (seeds & membranes removed)
• Pretzel sticks
To make Pimento Cheese:
1. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic salt, onion powder, and cayenne. Scrape bowl and mix in grated cheddar and diced pimentos until well combined. Season with salt and/or black pepper, to taste. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
To make Mini-cheeseball Bites:
1. In a medium bowl, combine diced bacon, chopped pecans, and minced jalapeños. Using a spoon or a small cookie scoop, form heaping tablespoons of pimento cheese into balls. Roll each pimento cheese ball in the mixture of bacon, pecans, and jalapeños, pressing coating into cheese so that it adheres.
2. Refrigerate cheese balls until firm, and keep them chilled until ready to serve. Just before serving, skewer each cheese ball with a pretzel stick.
To toast pecans, spread out on a sheet pan and bake in a preheated 350°F oven until lightly toasted and fragrant, 7 to 10 minutes. Allow pecans to cool before finely chopping them.
As long as you remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeños and very finely dice them, they shouldn’t be too spicy. Use as much jalapeño as you wish, however, based on your personal preference.
You can make the cheese balls ahead of time, but don’t insert the pretzels until just before serving or they will become soggy.